Thursday, March 03, 2016

Stop & Smell the Roses - a Process Tutorial

So I'm not sure if this is really a tutorial, but I'm going to show, in photos, the process I took while creating this page recently:


So I got my February Studio Calico Kit & I LOVED the paper with roses and polka dots. I loved the combination so much, so I didn't want to just cut off the roses and lose the polka dots.


But when I placed my photo backing paper where I wanted it, I was not impressed with the way it covered my roses!


So, I had an idea! Why not cut around the blooms to overlap my photo/backing paper?


And I did it! I tucked my little gold hearts (another very very favorite paper in that kit) behind my xactoed (that's a word, right?) roses & boom - perfection!


Here's a shot of what the back of the page looks like, in case we're lost in translation here:


And a photo of my lifted roses:


I was very happy with the finished project.




Thanks for looking, and I hope this inspires you to use some big, bold prints in your background paper choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment