Wednesday, March 09, 2016

On Trend - Incorporating trends into your scrapbook

There are some specific elements I have been noticing again and again popping up on social media that I've been wanting to incorporate into my scrapbook pages, so when I decided to complete challenges at Rochelle Spears and Creating with Paper and More, I thought, "What better time than now?!"

So I did a fun geometric heart on a page of my little family at our church Homecoming and I did some watercolors on the title.


Geometric designs are huge these days. I found one free cut file on pinterest, but when I tried to download it, it didn't work for some reason, so I just created my own in Cricut Design Studio with some triangles! (Free!)


Watercolor is also a giant trend you see everywhere right now. I love it and I had a set I've been meaning to play around with. I used my Cricut to cut out the title & dabbled the color scheme around & I love it! It was so fun and relaxing. I will definitely be incorporating more watercolor into my crafts!


The challenge at Rochelle Spears is This or That? Chevrons or Polka Dots? Since I already did a chevron page for SBC this month, I thought I'd go with the polka dots in the geometric heart.

The color scheme came from the mood board over at Kelly's Creating with Paper and more. Here's the mood board:

I loved the greens & blue, and of course the heart had to be in the white! The heart is reminiscent of the clover in the mood board. There are also some sweet polka dots on the cute little shamrock cookies!

Thanks for looking! Show me how you use current trends in your projects. Post your links in the comments or tag me @scrappinhappy on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! That geometric heart is awesome! Fantastic choice with the greens and blues! Thanks for playing along in my SF Mood Board challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! love the heart!! Thanks for playing along with the This or That challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete