Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hi, North Shore: Sketch & Pattern Challenges

I'm competing in a fun, new-to-me challenge this month from Challenge YOUrself where you're supposed to include in your scrapbook page a photo of yourself! This month's pattern they wish you to use is Chevrons, so I've incoporated that into a page for (at least) the second time this month.

I'm also using a sketch from My Creative Sketches. I rotated their lovely March sketch for my landscape photo.

This is a photo of me, pregnant with my firstborn, at the North Shore on Oaha, Hawaii, where my husband was born & lived as a baby. It was unreal how beautiful this place was!


This is my adaptation of the sketch from My Creative Sketches:


Some details:


Apparently the Easter Bunny needs to replenish my alpha sticker selection! I wanted to say "hi north shore" (hi, a play on the acronym for Hawaii). I had to make the i from a j ... the n from an m, second o from a q and second r from a p! Gotta be resourceful with pretty glitter letters!

I actually used a ton of glitter on this page, which is appropriate since it's supposed to be about me over at the Challenge YOUrself blog. I love all things sparkly. I had recently been reviewing an old cruise album where I'd used all these bright DCWV papers & I have some left, so they needed to be brought up again!

Supplies:
Orange glitter cardstock - DCWV Coral Couture
Patterned papers - DCWV Citrus Stack
White chevrons leftover from my chevron challenge earlier in the month at Scrapbook Challenges
Chipboard Flowers from Me and My Big Ideas
White glitter stickers - American Crafts Thickers
Aqua glitter stickers - Heidi Swapp

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful photo, Natalie! I love your pose, too! And your take on the sketch is amazing. I hope the Easter Bunny replenishes your alpha collection this Sunday!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month We are so happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you turned the sketch sideways.. Way to be creative. Thanks for playing along at MCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, well done you for stretching out those alphas! Thanks for joining in with us over at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Love your choices of paper and your photo is absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray for stash use! Love the feel of Hawaii in this! Great photo to document :) kate (CY)

    ReplyDelete