Thursday, March 24, 2016

Blog Hop - The Counterfeit Kit Challenge!

I'm participating in the member blog hop today for The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. I'm pretty excited about it! You may have arrived here from Sally's Challenge Chatter. After Dillightfully Crafty, you can hop right on over to Snaps and Snippets.

So today I've prepared some photos to document my process of creating a scrapbook page with my March kit, which I named Snappy Pack.

Here's the page I've created for the Challenge "May you Live in Pinteresting Times." The challenge was to find a pin to inspire your project, but it could not be another craft project or scrapbook page.


Here is the pin which I used as inspiration:


The image came from Sarah Hearts.

Now to get a little bit into my process... So I grabbed my Snappy Pack CFC kit and picked out the papers I loved that I wanted to use for this photo. I knew I had to use the chevron with the fall colors, as that is what I had in mind when I printed the photo, so I was working around that piece.


First I grabbed my favorite orange paper:


But it was a bit darker than I wanted, so I decided to save it for a future project.

I liked this neutral (with a little glitter), but it needed something more.


So I added the orange flower paper, which sort of mirrored the flowers in the photo - and I thought, "perfect!"


I had this sweet pocket card that I thought would work well for the kids' photo, but I had to figure out where to place it. The top of the photo did not work...


Boom! Moved to the bottom left corner & it just fit perfectly. I think the black in the top most square is different in this type of palette, so I decided to accent it and add a bit of the black camera paper from the CFC kit.


An extra layer is always a good idea. This orange paper softens the black & worked perfectly.


Then I spotted my new Studio Calico punch that I found on clearance recently, so I figured it needed to be used. This is literally the "process" of my creation - it's always in the process of evolving as I work!


After I punched some chevrons, I inked all my papers. I ink papers a good portion of the time. I just feel like it gives a good dimension, as well as it tends to hide imperfections, so if you have some tattered edges (unintended) or maybe a not-so-straight edge, it's much less noticeable when inked!


Now it's my favorite time! Embellishment time!

I had this cute little veneer circle that I felt needed a little something. (Confession: This stamp was not included in my CFC kit, as it just arrived in the mail the day I made the layout! But it was just too perfect with the Snappy Pack photo/camera/click inspired kit, that I just had to use it!)


These flowers were screaming to be included on my sunflower page!


I stuck everything down once I had visualized where everything was to be placed, then done!


Here are some detail shots:

You can see that I added a couple more punches once I had the paper placed exactly and felt there was still too much blank orange space.


Look at those sweet baby smiles! I love seeing my baby have fun with his friends!


Thanks for looking!

Don't forget your next hop at Snaps and Snippets with Susanne!

13 comments:

  1. What a happy smiley photo - infectious grins!
    I loved seeing your creative process in the step by step photos ... no need for confessions about adding from your stash though ... as long as stash gets USED!! Going to nab the idea of gems on tiny flowers as they give a hint of extra sparkle. Fabulous page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! I really enjoyed reading through your process as you decided what would and wouldn't work for your page. The chevron paper was a perfect match to your inspiration from pinterest and the flowers are a nice embellishment. (I found that same punch on clearance but I haven't used it yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute page! Love to see your process of how things came together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's perfect!! I love your inspiration, and your page turned out just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome welcome welcome to the CKC member blog hop- we are delighted that you joined us today and hope that you will continue to play along and enjoy the fun of using your own well-loved stash in creative ways! :-)

    This is a fabulous layout and your process photos along with what you were thinking is so great. I don't often make photos as I go along but it really adds something to the reading experience. Your inspiration colour scheme and photo is so perfect for your lovely photo and the resulting page is great. I echo what Jemma says about adding stuff into your kit! I do it ALL the time. The main thing is to enjoy using your stash and we love to see those items sneaking in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blog hop :) Great to see you play along with us this month and love that you had such details about your process :) So cool and such a fun layout, love to see those smiles :) I can echo what the other girls have said I'm always sneaking something into my kit :) Till you get started scrapping you really don't know what you just may need for that layout and who doesn't want to play with something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bright colourful layout and great layering there.Welcome to our CKC blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your page--such bright colors and good design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wildly enthusiastic applause!!!
    I just love peeking over shoulders while a scrapper puts their page together - a really great process post. Delighted to have you with us this month! CKC truly revolutionized my scrapping & helps me rediscover my stash every month. As for the camera stamp add-in? My philosophy is, My page - my rules! If you were buying a kit you wouldn't hesitate to add a little stash spice to the mix mid-page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome page. I love oranges and yellows..they always cheer me up so. I also love the way you've documented the embellishments..that camera stamp is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely scrapped. The design is rock solid, and the mix of patterns, colors and elements is perfection. Very nicely scrapped, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, what a fabulous layout - and you treated us all to a tutorial as well! Amazing!

    Thanks so much for joining in this month x

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable! I love all the patterns and layers and that camera stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete