Friday, March 04, 2016

A new challenge for me - The Counterfeit Kit Challenge!

So in full disclosure here, I had browsed the Challenge over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge a while ago, and I failed to fully read instructions, and I thought you had to create layouts with a kit you bought from them ... boy was I wrong! That's not what this awesome blog is about at all!

Quick run down - they give you inspiration from a kit club, and you put together your own kit with your stash! Now THAT sounds like something right up my cheap-old-booty's alley!

So this month was apparently different due to not having papers in the inspiration kit, but I know no different, so here goes:

This is my kit - let's call it Snappy Pack!


This is the inspiration kit from Ali Edwards:


I got inspiration from the colors - green, gray, orange; the scripts/handlettering; and from the photography/camera theme.

I've created a nice, manly layout for my husband's birthday this past year with my counterfeit kit.


And here's a detail. I really ended up loving the title. I was thrifty and used the paper tag from the Studio Calico background paper for the stamped portion of the title - I love how it coordinates!


You can find all the products tagged over on Instagram @scrappinhappy.

On another note, February was a very lucky month for little old me, so I'm going to brag a bit.

My layout of my son at the beach won the monthly challenge at Rochelle Spear's blog!


Then, today, they announced winners over at Lasting Memories, and my layout of newborn Lachlan got a Top 3 mention!


Yay for adding more buttons to my side bar!

Thank you for looking - Hope you have a crafty weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Super cute little kit :) Love the name you came up with to so darn cute :) Fantsstic way to start the layout is so cool :) I like the fold over paper to bring the other side into the layout too. Congrats on making Top 3 too :) I'm on the LM design team so glad to see you joining in on that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Natalie!
    First off, bonus points for using the word "awesome" to describe CKC ;-)
    Second, congratulations on your double-blessing scrappy recognition this month!
    Third, I don't know what made you take a second look at us, but I'm certainly glad you did. Your kit is outstanding, and you are already scrapping with it. MORE BONUS POINTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, are you sure you haven't secretly been counterfeiting kits forever?!?! Your kit is wonderful and looks like you've been practicing for years! You nailed the colours and elements and I really love the layout that came out of your kit first. Super job. Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge - hope to see more of you. Why not join in the member blog hop later in the month - we'd love to see a new face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great kit! Nice and compact like the inspiration but you've got plenty of fun things to use this month. I like your layout too, especially the folded over corner at the top. Glad to have you joining in with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you re-read!!! Great kit, fab page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Natalie! I'm so happy that you came back to check us out and realised that we're a challenge site that suits you! I love the choices of colour and texture that you have in your kit - it's perfect for that 'masculine' layout of your husband's birthday!

    Also, I'm swooning a little over the camera paper, love it!

    Clair x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your wins.Thanks for persevering with our blog.It is a great way to plough through our stash. Love your hubby's birthday layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Natalie. you did good. {{joyce}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! So happy to have you-and what an awesome kit! And you're already creating with it? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab to see you getting the hang of what it's all about..fab blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit is really well constructed, a good match to the original. And your pages are all lovely, I especially like the first one with that folded down corner, that starts a nice diagonal flow to the page.

    ReplyDelete