Monday, March 13, 2017

Still with the butterflies ... a MTW challenge

It's a rough Monday after springing forward, but I have a little something to brighten your day, I hope!

Today I'm bringing you the layout I created for the More Than Words March challenge to use the word beautiful and a butterfly on your layout.


I just really adore how this all turned out!


This year marks 14 years as a couple & this man can still give me butterflies. 


I found this lovely pack of Prima butterflies at Tuesday Morning a while back, before this challenge was posted, actually. So when I saw the prompt, I knew they would be perfect.

Luckily the color scheme ended up working well with this photo I made him pose for last Sunday, which he laughed and called, "stupid," but he did it!

I chose a fun paper with orange and yellow flowers, gessoed it, stenciled small polka dots & used Heidi Swapp shine in Salmon. I also threw a little black shimmery Tattered Angels on there too.


I stamped a couple of small butterflies in black ink.

I layered my photo with oranges, and broke that up with a small black and gold doily and some white lacey Heidi Swapp paper I found on clearance a while back. I love that stuff!


I used my cricut to cut the gold parts of the title out of metallic paper, and to create the "typewriter" look - which I will do a bit smaller next time.

I also embossed a few Maya Road chipboard pieces in gold to tie that color theme together as well.


I had picked up these black paper straws on clearance, so they tied the black color theme together well and gave good dimension to the layout.

I continued the title down my MM stream, as it was so long. Then I scattered the Prima butterflies around the page.


I think this may be my prettiest MM layout to date, since I began with the art earlier this year. I love it!

Supplies:
Flower paper - Studio Calico
Heidi Swapp Shine in Salmon
Tattered Angels glimmer mist in JackOLantern
Gold foil paper - Me and My Big Ideas, Mambi
Butterflies - Prima
Straws - Recollections by Michael's
Chipboard - Maya Road
Gold embossing powder by JoAnn's
White flower laser cut paper - Heidi Swapp

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

  1. I really like this Lo. Bright, alive, dynamic! Stunning setting for your photos!Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I just love all those gorgeous butterflies. Such a great take on our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one beautiful layout!! I love the way you dispose all those butterflies, it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! So many gorgeous butterflies! And I absolutely love your title! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this is lovely! Those butterflies are gorgeous and you have a very patient man who is still willing to pose for photos after 14 years! I'm so glad you could join us at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is so pretty I really love all those butterflies! Your title is so romantic! Thank you for joining at More than words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. À lot of butterflies! I really love it! Thank you for playing with us at morethanwords challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the swirl of butterflies! it's gorgeous! Wonderful interpretation of the challenge.Thank you for joining More Than Words Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout, I love all the details !! Thank you for playing at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an awesome job with this challenge! Well done!! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a beautiful musculine layout!!! Awesome! Thanks a lot for playing along with us at More Than Words! Hugs)

    ReplyDelete