Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Art of Animation - a pocket page

Happy Hump Day!

Today I'm bringing you a rainbow themed pocket page documenting our stay at the Art of Animation resort at Walt Disneyworld. I loved making my other rainbow projects recently, so can't stop won't stop!

The colors in my photos were very bright and energetic, so a rainbow theme worked so well. I kept the backgrounds of the cards bright white to balance the page, and I did a white border around each photo.



I love scouring Instagram for inspiration, and I definitely used two cool techniques I've seen on there recently. I borrowed the letters over the photo idea from @ScrappySarah & stamp within a stamp idea from @gjoysy.



I put a tiny piece of washi on my card before I stamped my large letters, then removed it to reveal white space within which I stamped my smaller alphas,


I'm loving the clear stickers in the new Say Cheese III collection by Simple Stories! That's the white sticker on the top right corner photo.


I mean who doesn't want to shower under the sea?! I used up all my As on my Hakuna Matata - good thing I found another pack of those Amy Tan thickers at TM!


The tabs behind the top photo are rainbow washi folded over, and used as pull tabs for an additional photo that didn't fit on the layout. I like the fun, interactive element, especially for a photo that isn't spectacular which I don't mind hiding.

I loved making this fun, bright, rainbow page! I also really enjoyed using more stamps in my scrapbook.

Supplies;
Green Thickers - Amy Tangerine
Magic Stamp - Echo Park
Art of Animation stamps - Stampin' Up
Ink - Stampin' Up
White stickers - Simple Stories Say Cheese III
Puffy stars - Freckled Fawn
Heart paper - My Minds Eye

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment