Friday, March 10, 2017

Instructions for a Good Life

Today I'm bringing you a layout I recently made that maybe be one of my top 5 favorite layouts I have ever created!


I have always loved rainbows & when I looked at this Fancy Pants Life is Beautiful collection, it just called to me to create a rainbow inspired layout.

I love a black and white photo with a rainbow layout, so they don't clash. This is a photo of my son at the top of a cliff we climbed earlier this year. I thought since it looks as though he is contemplating life, the layout should include some life advice!


Those puffy clouds were too adorable & had to accent my photo at the top of the world!



I cut out the go from some cork paper, and used my stamp ink to color it in two tones to match the patterned papers.


I sewed a border around the layout and periodically added in thread in colors that corresponded with the rainbow paper pattern.

I did two tone inks on the wood veneer as well.

{Please ignore that pesky green puffy dot sticker which appears to have migrated to the yellow portion of the page - it has since been reprimanded & relocated!}


I had so much fun creating this page, sparked by a recent Bible journaling layout I did, which you can see on my Instagram here.



Supplies:
Coral, yellow, green vines, and aqua crosstitch and background patterned papers - Fancy Pants Life is Beautiful
Aqua cross paper - My Minds Eye
Wood veneer dream - Bella Blvd
Wood veneer wild - Studio Calico
Outside & Stay alphas - Amy Tangerine
Big alphas - Fancy Pants Life is Beautiful
Puffy stickers - Fancy Pants, Freckled Fawn, Heidi Swapp

Thanks for looking!

2 comments: