Sunday, July 01, 2018

Selfie Adventure - a Lasting Memories page

I hope you will all play along with my challenges this month at Lasting Memories!

I have designed my challenges to focus on YOU & telling your story. I feel that too often scrapbookers leave themselves out of the albums. Your pages should be filled with your memories and things about you which future generations would love to know. I hope this month of prompts will get you started on that journey if you're not already telling your story.

Today's prompt is to scrap a selfie and tell a story about YOU.


I chose EIGHT selfies for my page - what?! I rarely scrap selfies of just me, but clearly I'm taking them. I looked through my selfies and saw a theme of my love for adventures. I took that theme for my page & scrapped about the types of adventures I enjoy most.

You can find my process video on my YouTube channel. I kept it short and sweet, but more details are below. Please comment here or there with any questions, and I'll be happy to answer!


I chose this loud floral paper I have loved since I bought it from a Project Life paper pack. This cut file I got free from Ali Edwards a while ago was perfect, and I"m about using up my favorite black puffy alpha from Studio Calico.


While peeing in the woods isn't really my favorite type of adventure, I felt this photo just shows I'm up for almost anything when it comes to an adventure, LOL!


These floral dies from Momenta perfectly complimented my favorite floral paper! I always love a good leaf die cut, we know.


Also I definitely had a recent Missy Whidden layout in mind when I created this photo line. You can see the inspiration piece here.


The back side of the floral  paper was too cute and coordinating, I had to show a bit! An we all know my page isn't complete without some sparkle - today, sequins.


I added the yellow label to make my alphas stick out  better, and I'm so glad I did, I love how it turned out. Although I may be the only person in the world distressing the crisp edges of Elle's studio labels, but I gotta do me.

Supplies:
Paper - Becky Higgin's Project Life
Cut file - Ali Edwards
Puffy alphas - Studio Calico
Floral dies - Momenta
Twine - Recollections
Typing - WRMK typecast

I truly hope so many of you play along with this challenge anytime during this month! Tag me on the socials, and I cannot wait to see what you create!



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful example for your selfie challenge this week at Lasting Memories! I love how you added all the photos as banners! {You definitely are a 'selfie taker'! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - love the way the photos are hung as if in an old-fashioned darkroom.

    ReplyDelete