Sunday, June 24, 2018

Taste the Rainbow - a Lasting Memories page

Happy Sunday, friends!

I'm bringing you a page with another fun prompt from Lasting Memories today - to use at least 5 patterned papers on your page.


These papers are slightly rugged and distressed from a Heidi Swapp paper pad, so I'm taking that for patterned!

I knew I wanted to use some of my new Momenta dies to create a rainbow layout, and what better photo to use than one of my boy eating Skittles?!


I die cut leaves and flowers from the patterned paper and inked the edges with coordinating colors. Then I sewed them down for some added interest.


I used corresponding paints for the background. I actually didn't have pink or orange paint, so I used watercolor crayons mixed with gel medium.


I added additional texture with  some white Ranger texture paste pulled through my tiny dots laser cut paper. I need to invest in an actual stencil like that because I love it and it's about to be done!


My favorite bits are the little puffy stickers from Momenta that coordinate with my rainbow colors!


 I hope you'll play along with this last June challenge this week over at Lasting Memories.

Supplies:
Paper - Heidi Swapp
Alphas - Elle's Studio
Puffy stickers  - Momenta
Dies - Momenta
Green paint - Shimmerz
Yellow paint - Heidi Swapp Shine
Pink and orange - Recollections
Aqua paint - unknown

1 comment:

  1. I love your use of the different paints and all the embellishing! Also that stitching is the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete