Thursday, June 07, 2018

Alpaca my Bags - a DCWV sketch

Hey friends!

Today I'm bringing you a fun layout I created using this month's sketch at DCWV.

\

I used alcohol inks for the first time on this layout, and I definitely understand what all the fuss is about! They're so fun and i love the gorgeous way they turned out.


I rotated the DCWV sketch for this page, one turn to the right.


I've had my eye on this llama stack for a while and finally treated myself.  I love the colors! They work really great with this set of ranger inks I just bought too.


How cute are those tassels?! I found those on clearance a Joann the other day.


I've always got to add a few sequins!

 I used my Concord and 9th dies to cut the small title alphas, and altered afew of these large sassafras letters to fit my alpaca needs.


You can watch a super speed process video on my YouTube channel. Let me know how you like the quick process with no voiceover. Yay or nay?

Also, I knew I had used this sketch before! I dug in the archives and found this layout I created in August 2016 using this great sketch.


It was fun to look back and see where  I have improved in my design, and definitely in my photography skills! I still really like this page, but I definitely enjoy doing my mixed media pages now too. I love lots of messy layers, and I feel like I've improved on that front as well.

Thanks for lookin', y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment