Sunday, June 03, 2018

Livin' my best life - a Lasting Memories Challenge

Hey friends!

Today I'm bringing you a messy layout I created for this week's challenge over at Lasting Memories. This month we're focusing on stash busting, and the challenge this week is to use paints and mists/sprays.


I use my paints and mists really often on my layout, but I do understand that they're collecting dust in the stash of many people! Get them out and play! It is quite therapeutic. Grab a Missy Whidden video if you're in need of inspiration.


I sprayed some Heidi Swapp shine on my acrylic block instead of the packaging technique, then I used glitter glass bead gel on my cloud stencil. After all of that dried, I figured I needed more texture, so I stamped some turquoise ink on some bubble wrap and it added great depth.


I wanted to use lots of layers, which is another great way to use up maybe some excessive amounts of paper from paper pads you have lying around!

Then I combined die cuts and stickes and even part of a branding strip (the eyelashes) to cluster embellishments.


I do believe this will be the title page for my cruise album, and I wish I was back there now!


I definitely used my Nuvo glue to  ensure these Thickers stuck to the super mixed media background. I popped up the photo with fun foam (obvs I've been watching Missy LOL), and that heart eyes emoji was a last minute addition, but I love how it matched my layout!

I  hope you'll grab some mixed media supplies and create a messy (or not) layout for this week's challenge. There is a fun prize up for grabs.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment