Sunday, December 03, 2017

Queue the smiles - a LM challenge

Happy Sunday, friends!

I'm so happy to be back with the lovely lades over at Lasting Memories creating for their weekly challenges after a small break.

This week's challenge is one of my favorite kinds - a sketch challenge by one of my favorite sketch artists, Laura Whitaker.


The monthly theme is Holiday traditions. These photos are from our trip to Disneyworld last Christmas, taken in the line for an attraction, thus the play on the title.

Here's the original sketch:


These chubby cheeks lent themselves well to a circular cropped photo, but don't be afraid to use whichever shapes work for your photos, you can still use this same sketch!


I loved this little kit from Echo Park that already had some snowflakes printed on the paper. I added my own by stamps with Happy Holla Days from the Ink Road.


I used my new Dymo lable maker for the title, which worked perfectly wth the black accents in this EP kit. I also used a Tim Holtz tiny label sticker to cover part of this tag because I had to use it upside down!

Speaking of...I'm just going to leave this here...


bahahah! I saw this the other day and thought it was so hilarious!

I added some handwritten journaling, mostly to let people know I know "queue" is not the correct phrasing, but it's punny! LOL!


Supplies:
Papers - Echo Park
Snowflake stamps - Ink Road Stamps
Black alphas - Studio Calico
Labels - Dymo

Thanks for looking & go play long with Lasting Memories challenge this week!


1 comment:

  1. Super cute layout Natalie and so glad your back creating again too

    ReplyDelete