Sunday, March 17, 2019

My Lucky Home

Happy St. Patty's Day, friends!

I have a new layout today, inspired by a fun inspiration board at Lasting Memories.


This month we're using inspiration photos for our pages, and today's inspiration was this collage of all things Irish:


Man, I love Ireland. We went once, and it was much too short, and we will be back some day!  I used the inspiration photo to tell a story about my new house and how I've decorated it for the "holiday."

From the photo I used the clovers, hanging vines, old brick buildings, and overall theme of Ireland.


I used shimmerz to make a green, partial wreath, then I cut some foliage out of glitter cardstock.


My Nana passed a few years ago on this day. Her last words to me were, "take care of those boys." I try to honor that every day, of course. They think St. Patty's Day is so fun. I buy them tattoos and hats and necklaces and they love to dress up. When my youngest was small I had gotten away from holiday decorating, but I'm trying to move back towards it. My Nana loved to celebrate all the holidays and had decor for all of them, so I will follow in her footsteps and hang some green and gold for a  week or so.


Glittery leaves are my jam! 


These sentiments from Pebbles were perfect for my page about our decorated home.

I hope you can be inspired by today's photo. It can even be the inspiration for you to go out today and take some corresponding photographs.

Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment