Monday, August 08, 2016

Thanksgiving Babes

Hello all! I'm bringing you a double page spread today from Fall 2015.

First of all, I created this traditional layout with a Sizzlin Summer sketch from Scrapbook Challenges.


Haha - I just couldn't help myself! Here's the original sketch:

Lately I'm really loving using textures on my pages, and what is on a turkey butt? Feathers! So I put some feathers on my page. I stinkin' love these wood veneer letters I picked up at the Studio Calico warehouse sale in the spring.


Speaking of wood veneer - that brings me to the second challenge I created this page for - the On Deck Challenge over at Scrapbook Circle. The challenge was to use wood elements on your page, and I certainly did that with this page, and the corresponding pocket page. I love the wood look for the fall.


Here is my corresponding pocket page:


This is why I LOVE pocket pages - all these sweet silly faces the boy is making - I'd never put them all on a traditional layout. But I don't flinch in the least at using so many in my pocket pages, even if they're pretty similar. This documented my baby's first Sunday at church.


I continued the title from the traditional layout on the opposite page - Turkey Butt & a little HAM - b/c that is definitely what my oldest is!


See?! haha!

Supplies:
12x12 page
Wood paper - Crate Paper
Foxes and other ephemera - Cedar Lane by Pink Paislee
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Wood circles - Dear Lizzy
Pocket Page
Journaling and Wood grain backing Cards by Becky Higgins Project Life
Chipboard glitter stickers - Me and My Big Ideas

I had a lot of fun making these fall pages to go together.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment