Thursday, August 25, 2016

Looking & Smiling - our photo motto

Hello everyone, today I'm bringing you some inspiration for the next-to-last Sizzlin' Summer sketch from Scrapbook Challenges. I think this may have been my favorite sketch!


Here is the original sketch:


These little photos are outtakes from many I had to take to get a good one - which turned out to be a really good one. So I used the best on a traditional layout for a complete, double page spread - (whhha?!).


My oldest son learned very young that you don't argue with mommy when she points a camera at you. The quicker you smile, the quicker you can get on with your life! He also thinks he has the responsibility of making the younger son smile, so it's quite difficult to get them both looking and smiling at the same time! This was a rare photo at the time, since Lachlan was so young and had just started really smiling - but boy do those smiles melt a heart...


I cut a giant ampersand to mirror the ampersand paper I used on the opposite page. I also cut the circles from the corresponding paper used on the opposite page.


and, of course - sequins.


I really ended up loving this fun color palette!

Supplies:
Crate Paper - Dear Lizzy Documenter paper
Cardstock - The Paper Studio
Washi tape - Amy tangerine
Alphas - Studio Calico

I hope you played along with Scrapbook Challenges' Sizzlin' Summer this month. It really helped me get lots of great pages completed.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment