Friday, August 12, 2016

Happy Friday!

I have been really into watching YouTube videos lately, and y'all - there's SO. MUCH. INSPIRATION!

I created this layout as one of the ending pages of my 2015 album & I was heavily inspired by Hey Nae and a recent video she did with a Felicity Jane kit creating layers. Watching her effortlessly create these amazing layers and just show peeks of little dies or lace really inspired me & I had to give it a try. I also have been watching a lot of sequin extraordinaire, Sarah McClellan, and that was what inspired my sequin pocket on this page.


I mean, don't you all decorate your Christmas tree in your underwear?

I'm super happy how this turned out. LOTS of glitter is always my style. I just glittered the bottom half of this wood veneer to go with the metallic paper & sequin pocket.


I had some scraps of this beautiful black lace that just went super well with the lovely Modern Metallic DCWV stack I was using. This glitter ribbon from Crate Paper is always a fave.


And the sequin pocket - you'll be seeing many sequins from me in upcoming projects... Can't stop, won't stop.


I'm really happy how my page came out & highlight the sweet wonder of my little guy decorating the Christmas tree (in his underwear).

Supplies:
White Cardstock - Bazill
Black and Gold papers - Modern Metallics by DCWV
Glitter ribbon - Crate Paper
Magic wood veneer - Bella Blvd
Gold alphas - Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper
Chipboard banner - Me and My Big Ideas
Sequins - Studio Calico

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: