Wednesday, July 27, 2016

BFFs - using a free cut file!

Today I have a sweet little layout of my boys to share. Through an online scrappy friend, I recently found the lovely blog over at SpiegelMom Scraps & it's so inspiring. They're all about sequins and other shine, and we all know a little sparkle on your scrapbook page is right up my alley! So glad I found them!

So they recently put up a FREE cut file & it's oh so cute! It has a seahorse, which I LOVE, and was even recently looking for... I used a cute heart border they offered for this layout.


I got this amazing Dear Lizzy paper pad as a hot deal at Michael's the other day - $5!! Not afraid to use a little pink for my boys, I had to use it. It's got some great papers, but I have to say, it's kind of annoying that within the same paper pack with coordinating papers, there are some with crisp white, and some with dirty/distressed cream. I like either one, but I cannot combine the white and the cream, so that limits my paper combinations!

Anyway, here's a close up. Of course I had to add in some sequins since they're all about that at the SpiegelMom blog. Isn't that cut file the cutest!?


I added a tiny bit of transparency upon which to put my rub-on alphas for the title. I punched a hole and tied a bit of twine for a little added texture. I also had some washi stars that were perfect colors to compliment some of the paper, so i had to add a little cluster at one side of the photo. I really love how this sweet layout of my two sweet little best buds came out. It's about 8 months later and they still hold strong to that love - let's hope it sticks!

Supplies:
Papers - Dear Lizzy
Transparency, stars, sequins, and alphas - Studio Calico
Twine - Target
Peach marker - Sharpie

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment