Sunday, February 11, 2018

We're all Mad here - a LM challenge

Hey Friends!

Today I'm highlighting a page I created for the Lasting Memories Color me Happy challenge for the week using purples!


I have been wanting to create a layout with these teacup ride photos for a while & the purple challenge was perfect! But then I realized - I don't have many purple supplies!?

So I used some purple inks and a purple watercolor crayon with some alcohol spray & created a fun, sparkly purple schmear. Then I used my Cricut to cut an Alice in Wonderland image from the purple paper & I LOVE how it turned out! I will definitely be using this technique again.


I used some new Tim Holtz gears thinlit dies I got for $5 (what?!) to cut some patterned purple paper and dispersed them among the page.

Here's the mood board to get your purple ideas flowing:


Purple is the "color of the year," so I do believe we will see more collections embracing it. I really was surprised at the lack of purple in my rather large stash!


I journaled about how sometimes you just gotta be the fun mom & take your boy for a midnight ride on the teacups! This little memory was definitely a story I wanted to get down.


I topped the page off with some Clearsnap kisses in this beautiful dark purple color.

I hope you will play along with us over at Lasting Memories this week! I cannot wait to see the purple creations everyone will do!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment