Sunday, February 18, 2018

Reckless abandon - a LM challenge

Happy Sunday, friends!

Today I'm bringing you another Color me Happy layout from Lasting Memories challenge. I have been on a roll creating white background 8.5x11 layouts, so I decided to stick with that style for an entire album of beach layouts from our last beach vacation. I'm really happy with how today's layout turned out.


Here's the mood board from which I drew inspiration:


I used papers from Pink Paislee's Citrus Bliss collection - they're one of my favorite companies and this is one of my favorite collections! I'm a sucker for kelly green these days. It's always been one of my favorite colors.


I used Recollections shimmer watercolor crayons  and some alcohol packaging technique to creat the yellow background. Then I stamped with a lemon stamp and made some green splatters with another watercolor crayon and alcohol.

I wanted a big title to convey how much FUN we had this day. It was probably one of the best days of our lives so far. It was glorious and perfectly tempered. We just played in nature and enjoyed one another and I almost tear up just thinking about it. I know it's just a first of many to come - it's one of the first, if not the actual first trip the 4 of us have taken together without any other company.


I had a poll going on my Instagram stories about sequins being the new enamel dots, but there actually some who don't agree?! I'm aghast! Haha


It's always nice when a die cut you've been saving turns out to work perfectly on your page! This little "be grateful" bit was the perfect shade of yellow and sentiment for such a great memory.


I'm so glad God blessed me by being his Mommy! My sweet, fun-loving, adventurous, gorgeous boy who cooperated with my seemingly endless photo taking in exchange for  jumping cold cold waves this day!

I hope you will all go over to Lasting Memories and play along with this week's green and yellow challenge. It's a unique color board, and I love it! I can't wait to see what you make.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable layout Natalie! Love the background work and layering...and the photo of your little guy is priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete