Wednesday, September 27, 2017

My Angel - a Stuck?! sketch

Happy hump day, friends!

Today I'm bringing you a layout I was able to create fairly quickly with a sketch from the Stuck?! blog & I LOVE it!


Here's the original sketch:


I just can't get enough of this baby's angel face! I snapped this pic in the doctor's office a while ago, and it's one of my favorites. You know how they're all extra snuggly and sweet when they're sick?


I combined some of my favorite wood grain paper with bright yellow which I fringed. I also used a sage green and tied in some cork color to compliment the wood grain.

 I love this tiny paper clip bow from Illustrated Faith - who says bows don't go on boy pages?


I cut the title from my Cricut. The font is a free one - Daydreamer.


I made a visual triangle with green bits of ephemera and cork bits.


I stamped the "you are lovely" sentiment from my Ink Road stamps. It is a single line, but since that would not fit on my label, I masked the bits I wanted separate, stamped the part I wanted, and unmasked before stamping, then did the opposite again! This is a great way to make a stamp fit where you need it.


Supplies:
Gray heart paper - Project Life
Yellow paper - Chickndiddy
Green paper - Heidi Swapp
Wood paper - Chickndiddy
Green leaf ephemera and green tag - My Minds Eye
Gray tag - Studio Calico
Cork geotag - Studio Calico
Cork banners - the Paper Studio
Bow - Illustrated Faith
lovely stamp - Ink Road Stamps

I had so much fun creating this page. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute page and I love the blue/yellow combo you used which suits your photos perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and I love love love the fringed strips! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable photo and a beautiful page! The colors are gorgeous and I love the fringe! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete