Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hello Bro!

Happy Hump Day!

Today I'm bringing you a layout I created with a splatter technique I've been noticing as "on trend" lately and wanted to try out. I've been seeing layouts with colorful, almost rainbow-like splatter patterned backgrounds, and we all know I am a sucker for rainbows.


I really love how it turned out!

I had this super busy, colorful photo of my boys in their sleeping bags, and rather than do something to tone down all the colors in the photo, I embraced it!


I used almost all of the colors of spray and shine that I have and kept it in a concentrated area.


I added side borders with my sewing machine. I have also been loving seeing rainbow & black and white together.


 I used some lime embellishments to pull out the lime in the embellishing paper, and I matched my writing to the title green, just to bring a cohesiveness to the page. When you repeat colors or elements, it makes the page balanced.


I love how the enamel stars and dots added to the splatter section.


Those sweet, happy little faces are too cute - they get me every time! I'm sure this "sleep over" was the first of many!

Supplies:
Black and white stripes and chipboard stickers - Me and my big ideas
Rainbow paper and hello paper, enamel stars, stamp sticker - Studio Calico
Camera paper and circle paper, green letters, fabric banners - Amy Tangerine
Splatters - Heidi swapp shine & Tattered Angels glimmer mist
Hello title - simple stories

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment