Saturday, April 29, 2017

First Glimpse at Magic - a Stick It Down sketch

Happy Weekend, y'all!

Today I'm bringing you a fun, Disneyworld layout I created with this month's single-page sketch from Stick It Down. I LOVE this sketch! And it's very likely I may use it again! :)


Here is the original sketch:


I took a little liberty to add some additional feature at the bottom. Since I accented with gold, I had these little glitter pockets I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby a while ago, but had yet to use. It was a perfect chance. I put a little ephemera piece with the date and the location - as if one wouldn't know the location?!


I recently got this black, Heidi Swapp texture paste on clearance at Michael's and I thought it was really different - I feel like you don't see black very much. So I was excited at a chance to use it for my Disney layout with my new Echo Park castle stencil.


I used an Echo Park stamp for the large castle - which is always tricky and nerve wracking when you're applying it directly onto your background paper. But, success!


The paper bits are from the Simple Stories Say Cheese III collection, and the side pieces are mostly branding strips - a great way to use them up. The Mickey and Minnie are buttons, and I cut off the back bits & popped them up with foam.


I chose the Say Cheese magic sticker in gold for my title, so accented with gold otherwise with HS shine and gold glitter ribbon. I also added the red sequins to tie the red into the bottom vignette, and because sequins make every page better!

I have a video filmed & edited, just awaiting voice-over, and the process for this page will be on YouTube.

Supplies:
Background paper - Dear Lizzy Documentary
Patterned Layer paper and Stickers - Simple Stories Say Cheese III
Stencil and stamp - Echo Park
Doily - Recollections by Michael's
Frames - Simple Stories Say Cheese I (i think)

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of great details on this page and fun use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you did the title on the photo. Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down, hope to see you again this month!

    ReplyDelete