Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bear Cub

Hey everyone!

Today I'm bringing you a layout I created for my youngest little cub. I adore bears and cubs and what not, so of course I loved making this page!


I have this one coveted sheet of white cardstock embossed with a wood grain pattern that I got at the Studio Calico sale last year and that I wish I had about 100 thousand other pages of! I used it for this page, so I knew I had to make it one of my favorites. I started with one of my favorite outfits of my Lachlan, any outfit with animal ears will get me every time!


These Jasmine Jones letters from a December Daily kit I also got at the sale have lasted me a surprisingly long time.

I wanted to pull out the navy from the photo, so I chose a navy bear. I did some navy splatters, and added gold because of the photo background and I needed another accent.


I stuck with a wood grain theme and used this little frame & sticker as embellishments. Seriously that face - 5 days old - **sobs**.


To separate my paper layers, I sewed a "pleat" on some vellum, and I tied some twine together in red, blue and gold. I adhered that with gold staples.


I added some gold rub-on stars for a final touch. I'm happy with how this sweet photo layout of my babe turned out :) I miss the baby stage!

Supplies:
Embossed White cardstock *swoon*, hi sticker and gold stars - Studio Calico
Wood grain frame - Pink Paislee Cedar Lane ephemera
Tree sticker - Remarks
Splatters - Heidi Swapp Shine
Light wood paper - Craft Smith Pumpkin Spice collection
Red x paper - Studio Calico Thataway collection
Arrow - American Crafts
Alphas - December Daily Jasmine Jones collection
Bear ephemera - Recollections by Michaels
Chipboard Perfect - Me and My Big ideas


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment