Thursday, May 19, 2016

Choo Choo Journey - a DCWV Challenge

Today I have a fun page to share that I created for the May challenge over at Die Cuts With a View. For their challenge you create a page using mostly DCWV stack products, and the sketch they provide. I really love how my page turned out - the vintage feel I love.


We recently visited the TVA Rail line in Chattanooga & rode a train. It was super cool. My 3.5 year old loved it. You can go around the train yard and see inside the different cars.

Here is the original sketch:


I busted out and oldie, but goodie stack - The Main Street Stack, which is premium and has yummy felt embellishment on some pages! I also used a tiny bit from the 8x8 Travel Stack.

I've been seeing rolled paper straws in layouts trending lately, and I love it. I just had to try some of my own. The green ended up looking a big like money I think.


I had to move the title down since the paper had its own border, but I thought it was so perfect for the vintage feel I wanted with these train photos.


Paper - DCWV Main Street Stack and Travel Stack
Stash cardboard
Stash Brown Scroll label
Wood Veneer letters - Studio Calico
Brass Brad - Spare Parts by the Paper Studio

There's still time to play along at the DCWV blog!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment