Monday, November 13, 2017

Swanderful Besties

Happy Monday, friends!

Today I am bringing you a fun  layout I threw together using the Stuck?! sketches November 1 sketch.


Here's the original sketch:


I have had these photos of me and my besties for a min, but the color cast of the photos is very purple, so I was struggling with how to scrap them.

This navy Swan paper from the Amy Tan On A Whim collection was perfect!

I toned it down around the photos with some gesso then used a cross stencil to apply aqua HS shine texture paste.


I have a severe addiction to stamps apparently, especially The Ink Road stamps, and cannot seem to complete a page without them! Really though, the Swan paper had to have the Swan stamps!

I embossed in hot pink and glitter and fussy cut 3 swans, one for each of us.

I grabbed a couple fun die cuts from a Studio Calico kit to add to the whimsy.


The popsicles were perfect to add color, and because we had paletas this evening!

I used my circle punch to create this faux scallop border to match my photo backing paper.


I love these Dear Lizzy puffy alphas & I don't use them often b/c PINK. I stamped the swanderful sentiment from IRS, and the small pink alphas are from Illustrated Faith.


It's been a minute since I created a non-assignment page! It felt good. And I'm hoping to get back on my crafty track now that my boys' birthday party is over - maybe life will slow down a bit!

I love working with Laura's sketch & this was no different.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Haha I love your title and the use of the swan papers, great take on the sketch.. thanks for joining in with Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on the sketch! I love the bold and vivid colors here. Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun layout indeed! I am surprised at how striking those papers are together! Thanks for joining us at Stuck Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and fun mixed media work! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun layout! I love the background paper!

    ReplyDelete