Thursday, September 10, 2015

Out of my comfort zone ...

I know the card making is the favorite past time of so many papercrafters, but I have a confession: cardmaking is not my forte!

I am not sure why, but I struggle to make cards I am proud of. Although I certainly hate the thought of dropping $3-$5 on a store-bought card which most people will end up throwing away! So I continue to try to make cards.

I made this little card for my mother-in-law for her birthday last month, and I like how it turned out okay.


I used mambi paper and pocket cards as well as some stash paper to make the balloons on my cricut.

Here's an inside shot. I think that is one main reason I do not like to make cards, I'm never sure about the inside. Do you leave it simple and hand-write a message? I put a background paper in here and used a journaling pocket card to write a little message.


All that to say, even if you're not comfortable with a certain type of crafting, the only way to get better is to keep practicing! Also, even if us crafters are not thrilled with the results every time, I think that non-crafters are still impressed and/or appreciative to receive something handmade when they don't handmake things themselves. It's the thought that counts, after all, right!?

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment