Tuesday, October 01, 2019

A Magical Gift

I've been MIA on my blog for a bit - so sorry! It was mostly because my September was NUTS! We threw a huge wedding shower for my brother & future sister-in-law. We had a ton of home projects to complete before the party, as well as the party planning itself. I will do a separate post with the crafty home and party goodness!

But this post is to document the gift I made for them! My bro & sis are getting married at Disneyworld - how freaking cool is that?!

Album from Hobby Lobby, tassel by Prima from A Cherry on Top, embellished with Minnie & Mickey from a prior Disneyworld trip.

They will be at Disney for about a week before their wedding, having so much fun! They will also have photopass, so I thought a premade scrapbook would be wonderful to document their trip photos.

I tried to make it as simple as possible. They literally will only have to print their 4x6 photos and slide them in or tape them down. I even offered to do it for them actually LOL

Paper - Simple Stories Say Cheese 4 from A Cherry on Top, Thickers -  American Crafts
Since I was completing all of the pages in the album in a short time, I tried to keep it fairly simple. Although I did spend a bit extra time on the title page, and the ending.

8.5x11 pocket page protects from A Cherry on Top

I did a mix of full 8.5x11 pages and pocket pages.


I have an entire file folder full of Disney collections, so the album contains a bit of everything.


I tried to include some "off color" pages, since not all the photos at Disney will just be Mickey in his OG outfit.

I used my alpha dies to create some original titles.


But I do think I like the "traditional" Mickey colored pages the best!

I did attempt to coordinate the colors of the facing pages.


And I definitely tried to keep an overall theme of love going.
This is only a portion of the pages. 
The gift was very well received :)
I even had another engaged couple request one for their wedding - LOL!


Of course the last page had to say "Happily Ever After."

But for sure my favorite part of the album is the charm! You may find me adding them to allllll my scrapbooks! My 3 year old son said, "Mommy, this is so beautiful!"



I will definitely be buying allllll the dismoji charms I can find when we head down in November.

You can find a ton of Disney scrappy goodies at A Cherry on Top.

Thank you so much for looking & I'll answer any and all questions, just leave them in the comments!

xxoo




No comments:

Post a Comment