Sunday, November 01, 2020

November A Cherry on Top Blog Hop

 Hey friends! Welcome to our November 2020 Design Team blog hop. If you hop along and leave a comment on each blog, you'll be entered to win a $10 gift card to the A Cherry on Top store!

Today we are all making travelers notebook layouts or mini albums. I have created two travelers notebook style layouts using non-traditional fall themes.

You can find my YouTube video for these layouts here.



The line up is:
Dillightfully Crafty <<< You are here!

Make sure you comment on all 5 blogs to be entered to win store credit. The winner will be announced next week!


I created two double page spreads - one with a photo of my husband, and the other with a photo of me.

For the photo of my husband, he's wearing buffalo check, so I went with the Echo Park Little Lumberjack collection.


Whenever I run across a good small quote or phrase on Instagram or Pinterest, I save it to use as a future scrapbook page title. I got this hilarious sentiment from a tshirt online, and thought it'd be perfect for this photo of him about to dig into an entire pot of soup!


The black alphas from the Double Cut die from Concord & 9th.
The red alphas are the Heather lowercase die from Pinkfresh Studio.
I highly recommend a die which cuts alphas with outlines!  These are basically one of my top favorite supplies!!!


The patterned paper to back the photo was busy, so not much embellishment was required. I typed a tiny bit of journaling and added a few cardstock stickers referencing camping and his beard.


I love travelers notebooks because they come together very quickly!


I had to use a variation on the TLC waterfalls song for this page, obvi.
I was inspired to use Heidi Swapp's Old School collection by my camo sweatshirt.
I grabbed the sticker book and made it super easy to title & embellish.



I incorporated a few yellow stickers, so I added mustard yellow splatters to match.


Kraft was my solid base to compliment the patterned camo, but I also backed the craft with white cardstock to make it pop. Layering your 2d stickers is the best way to keep interest on the page without making it too bulky.


Distressing patterned paper edges also adds fun texture.
I love how these shimmerz splatters show up on Kraft paper!



I stamped the word definitely on a Heidi Swapp label with tiny stamps, and embellished with these clear enamel bubbles.

I hope you are inspired to create a smaller version of a scrapbook for a specific activity or event in your life.
Hop along to enter to win the store credit, and make sure to shop at  A Cherry on Top for so many crafting needs.

xo, Natalie










12 comments:

  1. These are awesome, Natalie! Love the buffalo plaid and camo...which I think truly speak of fall. Amazing die cuts too...alpha enabling. I am all about die cuts. Cute titles and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed watching the video! These are so cute and came together quickly. I need to try out TN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flannel backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flannel backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flannel backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUUUUUUUUUUUTE creations! I so love the sentiment for the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your use of quotes/song lyrics to emphasize your catchy title. the technique of matching photo elements and paper selection is an oldie but a goodie! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, love your quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. The two page spread is right up my alley. Dad bod😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful job making these traveler's notebooks. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making travel journals. This was so inspirational for me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete