Tuesday, July 03, 2018

You Make My Heart Go Boom - a Momenta page

Hey friends!

I wanted to make sure everyone was inspired for our American Independence Day holiday, so I'm bringing you a fun, firework page created with Momenta products today!


I used the star fish dies from Momenta in a patriotic way. I die cut some beautiful pages from my favorite paper company, Pink Paislee. I gessoed the background of this embossed Kraft to brighten it up, and sewed the stars in a firework pattern.


This glitter arrow is also from a Momenta puffy sticker pack & went perfectly with the glitter alphas in my title.


Then I added the wood grain Momenta stars with gold accents to tie the page together. And we can't forget the splatters!


This star tab is a pull for a hidden journaling card that documents the story of this layout of my hubs and me on the 4th of July.


I used felt around the edges of my layered photo to pop up the picture, which left room for a journaling card without messing up the aesthetic of the page.

The entire title says "You make my heart go BOOM."


To add interest, I ripped small sections from the border and backed the openings with patterned PP paper and some embellishments. I love how it turned out!


This is the back side of my pull our journaling card. It's a super simple way to make sure you tell your story while not interrupting the artistic flow of a page. The embossed paper didn't lend well to journaling on the layout, or I wouldn't have been opposed to writing on the page.

Repeating a die cut is one of my favorite ways to create a page with an impact. It really is easy to do, but makes a big statement!

Supplies:
Star Die - Momenta
Wood Stars - Momenta
Gold Arrow - Momenta
Patterned paper - Pink Paislee Sweet Freedom
Navy Puffy Alpha - Fancy Pants
Red Puffy Alpha - Studio Calico
Navy block alpha - Illustrated Faith
Gold Alpha - MAMBI
Gold Stars - Studio  Calico
Star Stamp - Studio Calico
# Stamp - Heidi Swapp
Embossed Kraft - Bazzill

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment